Agronomist - Horticulture
For almost 30 years Wilshire & Co has been an integral part of the horticultural and agricultural landscape across 6 iconic locations including Stanthorpe, Texas and Inglewood in Queensland and Tenterfield, Deepwater and Mingoola in Northern NSW. With a team committed to providing expert local knowledge, advice and expertise to a diverse group of experienced and established growers across the region they hold well respected reputation in the industry.
As the business continues to grow there is a fantastic opportunity for a highly motivated and committed Agronomist to join the team based in Stanthorpe, QLD. Reporting to the General Manager and Branch Manager the focus of your role will be to provide expert agronomic advice, drive sales and customer service outcomes across the Stanthorpe region.
This pivotal role will include:
- Providing agronomic and technical support to farmers and producers in the region, together with product sales both in store and on farm.
- Developing and maintaining established and new long-term client relationships, understanding their business goals and sharing market information to enable them to improve the performance and sustainability of their farming enterprises.
- Collaborating on occasion with other team members to organise field days and grower information sessions, where you are the subject matter expert in the region for horticultural agronomic inputs and other agronomic advice.
- Working closely with another Agronomists in the branch to leverage client base and product knowledge.
To be successful in this role you will have established yourself as a trusted agronomist in both a hands-on and advisory role and will have the following skills:
- Demonstrated understanding of the products, seasonal timings and general requirements of the region’s highly successful horticultural producers.
- Ability to provide the right advice and services to the existing and growing client network with demonstrated understanding of the latest agronomic products and technologies.
- A clear customer focused approach with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Tertiary qualifications in Agricultural Science or related field and current Australian driving license are essential.
- Demonstrated experience with the sales process, sales activity and call cycle management.
- Good administrative and computing skills
Wilshire & Co is an equal opportunity employer, and are committed to an inclusive workplace with a diverse workforce being fundamental to the key strengths and core values of their business. They lead the way in up taking innovative technologies, implementing client support tools, increasing productivity and profitability for their growers and better managing resources to drive sustainable farming practices.
If you are looking to join a busy and growing business in a strong horticultural region with a great lifestyle location, and be rewarded for high quality delivery with a generous salary package then apply now or call Gemma on 1300 380 701 for a confidential chat.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: