Experienced Station Hand - Cattle And Sheep Breeding Properties
DROVER AG RECRUITMENT
Our client owns and operates 5 productive and well set up cattle and sheep breeding properties totalling almost 10,000 acres in the productive, high rainfall areas of the New England region of NSW. The main property is located in between Guyra and Inverell and is 8,000 acres where most of the work is carried out, another property located just outside Inverell covers 1,200 acres and is where fodder crops are grown along with livestock grazing.
These properties are home to 2,300 commercial Angus cattle (1,100 breeders) to produce quality weaners for the local feeder markets. Exceptional genetics are used to produce their own bulls.
6,100 Merino sheep (2,300 ewes/1,100 hogget ewes) are very well bred with an emphasis on producing a productive multipurpose animal achieving fine micron with larger frame. Rams are bred for sale and own use.
An exciting position has become available for a passionate person to join this family orientated team in the role of experienced station hand, working alongside the owner and Assistant manager. All mustering is done with side by side buggy’s and quads, you will have sound experience with livestock management and have good working dogs.
Reporting to the owner and Assistant Manager, you will work well in a team, have a positive attitude, a passion for agriculture and sheep and beef breeding, and take pride in your presentation and work.
The successful applicant will also possess the following attributes –
- Experience with and have a passion for cattle and sheep breeding and husbandry procedures.
- Experience with Ag apps for livestock and paddock management (Phoenix and Mobble) ideal but not a necessity.
- A calm nature with livestock with LSSH experiences ideal.
- Confident in operating machinery and ability to service and maintain vehicles and machinery.
- Knowledge of pastures and cropping systems ideal but not a necessity.
- Be an effective communicator, be fit and active.
- Possess a good range of practical skills, welding, fencing etc.
- Truck license or be willing and able to obtain one.
This exciting position will see you residing on the property near Inverell which has a brick 3-bedroom home and close to the township, ideal for schooling and shopping options. After morning stock checks you are then required to commute 20 minutes to the home property where majority of the work will be completed.
The successful applicant will be offered an attractive salary dependent on skills and experience together with the house, power, and work vehicle.
To apply for this position, please supply a cover letter explaining why you have applied for this position, an up-to-date resume along with details of a minimum of 2 references that can be contacted.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: