Upper Deep Creek Landcare Network
Upper Deep Creek Landcare Network
Macedon Ranges Shire & surrounding areas, Victoria
To be negotiated
A self-employed independent contractor is to be engaged as a Landcare Facilitator for up to 30 hours per week (to be negotiated) until 30 June 2021.
The Upper Deep Creek Landcare Network (est. 2009) is comprised of three-member Landcare groups and it has received funding from the Victorian Landcare Facilitator Program to engage the services of a Landcare Facilitator until 30 June 2021.
The Upper Deep Creek Landcare Network seeks a motivated, community-focused and results driven independent contractor with a can-do attitude to provide Landcare Facilitator services for the Upper Deep Creek Landcare Network and Jacksons Creek EcoNetwork (an adjoining network), and their member groups.
Knowledge and experience (see Position Description for full details)
This position suits an independent contractor with extensive natural resource management experience, as well as the enthusiasm, energy, and initiative to provide Landcare Facilitator support services for the two networks and their member groups, as well as to local rural landholders.
The applicant would need to have:
- Demonstrated experience working with Landcare and Friends of groups;
- Sound knowledge of natural resource management issues in the Deep Creek and Jacksons Creek catchments (parts of Maribyrnong Catchment), and sustainable land management practices;
- Proven ability to foster effective and collaborative partnerships among Landcare and Friends of groups, rural landholders, and government/agency staff to develop and plan projects;
- Demonstrated experience of undertaking visits to rural landowners’ properties to discuss their land management issues, provide advice, and develop property management plans to address these issues;
- Excellent community engagement skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and presentation skills;
- Proven skills in the use of GPS/GIS mapping software/hardware to develop high quality maps;
- High level of self-motivation, a can-do attitude, and the ability to self-manage and work un-supervised.
Appropriate tertiary qualifications in natural resource management, agricultural science, or an approved equivalent, are essential.
The day-to-day reporting for the Landcare Facilitator will be to the Manager of the position, who has been appointed by the Upper Deep Creek Landcare Network’s committee to manage and oversee the role. The Landcare Facilitator will also meet monthly with the Manager to check on progress and determine work priorities, and report quarterly to the committee of the Upper Deep Creek Landcare Network.
Requirements of contractor
- The contractor will provide their own office accommodation, office equipment and materials (i.e. personal computer, printer, internet service, email access, mobile telephone) and reliable vehicle required for effective delivery of the Landcare Facilitator services.
- The contractor will have the flexibility to work outside normal working hours, including evenings and weekends, when required.
- The contractor will have a current Victorian driver’s license and will meet all their normal vehicle expenses including maintenance, registration and insurance.
- The contractor will have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and will maintain contractor status with the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) for the term of the contract.
- The contractor is required to have public liability insurance cover of $20 million, professional indemnity insurance cover of $1 million, and Personal Accident – Voluntary Workers Insurance.
- The contractor has responsibility for any liabilities with respect to WorkCover and superannuation.
Term of contract
- The term of the contract for this engagement is until 30 June 2021. Engagement beyond 30 June 2021 is dependent on the Upper Deep Creek Landcare Network securing 2021/24 Victorian Landcare Facilitator Program funding for this Landcare Facilitator role, and is also subject to performance.
- Great career development opportunity
- Work with community members who are actively caring for the natural environment
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: