Emergency And Critical Care Veterinary Nurse
CAREERONE PARTNER NETWORK
* Emergency & Critical Care Veterinary Nurse
Emergency & Critical Care Veterinary Nurse
Posted 1 day ago. 20 people have viewed this job.
TERREY HILLS, NSW External link. Opens in a new window
$60,001 - $80,000
Full time position
335 Mona Vale Rd TERREY HILLS NSW 2084 External link. Opens in a new window
How to get here?
13 October 2020
NEVS is an after hours emergency hospital operating alongside the Northside Veterinary Specialists, located on Sydneys beautiful Northern Beaches. We are looking for an experienced veterinary nurse to join our fantastic team of emergency and critical care nurses in a full-time position.
Personal attributes needed for this position:
* Passion for providing exceptional patient and client care
* Strong work ethic and commitment to ongoing professional development
* Calm, friendly can do attitude
* Like minded person who supports our team values and friendly culture
* Initiative and problem solving skills
* Good knowledge of medical diseases and terminology
* Special interest in emergency and critical care
* Excellent communication skills
Professional attributes desired for this position:
* 5 years veterinary nursing experience
* Cert IV Veterinary Nursing (or equivalent)
* Emergency and Critical Care Diploma (or equivalent)
* At least one year nursing experience in a specialist hospital
* At least one year nursing experience within an emergency/critical care hospital
* Flexibility to work nights, weekends and public holidays
* Drivers Licence
Position responsibilities include:
* Nursing IV catheter placement, IV blood samples, assisting with radiographs, bandaging
* Client communication
* Coaching less experienced staff
* Monitoring complicated anaesthetics
* Maintaining enteral feeding tubes, chest tubes and urinary catheters
* Reception duties
* Weekend and public holiday work
We can offer you:
* A friendly, happy and supportive work environment
* Salary starting at $65,000
* Nursing responsibilities beyond general practice
* Generous Continuing Education Allowance and Study Leave
* Employee Assistance Program
To apply for this position please email a brief cover letter along with your resume to careers@nevs.NET.au.
Cyber criminals are taking advantage of COVID-19. Be extra cautious about who you give your information to.
* Never give your bank or credit card details or date of birth when applying for a job.
* Check if the job is genuine by researching the employer and contacting them before applying.
* Watch Don't get scammed by a fake job ad for more tips to protect yourself.
* If something doesn't seem right, Report this Job.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: