CAREERONE PARTNER NETWORK
Emergency Disaster Relief Workers - Summer 2020/2021
* Great opportunity to get paid for assisting our emergency services workers
* Variety of different opportunities in diverse roles, across all of Gippsland
* On Call jobs in case of serious natural disaster
About the company
Our client is a government department that supplies all staff and required services to emergency disaster situations.
In an Emergency Disaster situation, they provide all the necessary support for people working on the frontline.
About the role
GBS Recruitment are seeking expressions of interest from people who would be willing to assist and support our emergency services workers throughout Gippsland for the 2020 / 2021 summer period.
THESE POSITIONS WILL ONLY OCCUR IN THE EVENT OF A SERIOUS NATURAL DISASTER IN THE GIPPSLAND REGION.
These positions are support roles which would include setting up campsites, providing meals for emergency services workers, possible general kitchen duties, re-fuelling vehicles, general cleaning duties, administration and much more.
(Please note you will not be required to fight fires)
* Roles may require you to be away from your home for up to a number of days or nights at a time with accommodation and meals provided
* Setting up tents, organising inventory of clothing stocks, assisting suppliers in the catering department
* Office administration duties
* Cleaning of general site amenities
* Driving / Forklift Operation / Deliveries of supplies to firefighters
* A maximum of 7 days on with 2 days break and up to 12 hour days
Skills, Experience & Inductions
In order to be ready for these roles we will require you to complete the following:
* Must have current drivers' licence
* Due to the repetitive nature and manual handling tasks involved, the successful applicant must be physically fit and work ready
* Willing to undergo a National Police Check
* Online Induction
Any Victorian public service employees who have taken a 'Voluntary Departure Package (VDP)' are not eligible for recruitment, including through an Employment agency for a minimum period of three calendar years from the date of separation.
This not only includes ex DSE personnel but any Victorian public service employee under the Public Administration Act 2004, statutory authorities under other Victorian legislation, public hospitals, schools and TAFE colleges and programs.
Candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged to apply
How to apply
All applications MUST be received via the GBS Recruitment website (www.gbsrecruitment.com.au), Job #200012384
If you would like more information please contact one of our friendly staff at GBS Recruitment on 03 5174 2665 or email email@example.com GBS Recruitment will contact candidates who will be required for interview.
Apply for this ad Online!
* Location: Gippsland, Australia
* Type: Contract
* Industry: Other
* Recruiter: GBS Recruitment
* Tel: 0351742665
* Email: to view click here
* Posted: 2020-10-15 23:30:11 -
* from GBS Recruitment
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: