Dairy Farm Cattle Operator Anzsco Listing
CAREERONE PARTNER NETWORK
* Dairy farm cattle operator ANZSCO 070499
Dairy farm cattle operator ANZSCO 070499 New listing
Posted Today. 11 people have viewed this job.
CARAPOOK, VIC External link. Opens in a new window
$60,001 - $80,000
Full time position
50 Tindalls Rd CARAPOOK VIC 3312 External link. Opens in a new window
How to get here?
14 October 2020
DAIRY FARM CATTLE OPERATOR, ANZSCO 070499
Location: Casterton / Coleraine District SW Victoria
Permanent Full Position
Long term arrangement Accommodation on Farm
An excellent opportunity has become available for an experienced, highly-skilled and self-motivated Dairy Farm Cattle Operator to join our large scale progressive and modern dairy farm enterprise using current technology situated in the Casterton-Coleraine District of SW Victoria.
Centrally located only 15 minutes between Casterton & Coleraine townships which offer excellent modern facilities including schools / medical / shopping and all sporting & leisure activities. Hamilton is 30 mins and Mt. Gambier 50 min drive.
Our farm is a well-established pasture and TMR farming operation consists of over 2,000 acres. 1,100 acres of which currently milks around 650 cows. Calving 1 x per year. The dairy is 50 unit rotary fully computerised shed - set up as a 1 person operation. Young stock are reared on a 900 acre outblock.
As hands-on Operator, there are opportunities to grow and pursue excellence in all facets of the farming operation on a day to day basis, working closely and under the direction of the Owner or Manager. Previous experience at this level or similar is essential.
* Genuine interest in the dairy industry with a committed/progressive attitude
* Extensive knowledge and experience in all facets of farming practices
* Exceptional organisation and communication skills
* Excellent working knowledge of animal health and herd management
* Experienced and knowledge in pasture measurement
* Ability, interest and initiative to take on more responsibility when required
* Must be able to work in a strong team environment
* Must be a competent with Tractors and Machinery
* Competent with maintenance of farm / machinery equipment / mechanical aptitude essential with this role
* Committed to Safe Work Practices (OH&S)
* Demonstrate a neat and tidy appearance with attention to detail
* Must hold a current drivers licence
* Milk harvesting / mastitis control / heat detection
* Herd health / record keeping / treatments
* Maintain Milk Quality and Assurance
* Tractor operation feeding out to stock
* Assisting with calving / post calving monitoring
* Maintain accurate record keeping database
* Assisting with pasture measurement & management
* All other general dairy farming practices as required
* An excellent remuneration package (including super & house on farm)
* 8 days on / 2 days off, 7 days on / 4 days off (rotating roster system)
* Pay rates are above the pastoral award, including overtime.
* Salary per annum is $65,212 which includes a house (employee to pay amenities) plus superannuation at 9.5%. Wage is made up from a 48 hour working week and is set out as follows
* 38 hours at $20.34 per hour,
* 7.5 hour per week at one and a half time pay rate
* 2.5 hours per week at double time pay rate
Position is open to permanent Australian residents and NZ citizens.
Sponsorship may be available only to suitably qualified candidates.
EMAIL All APPLICATIONS to firstname.lastname@example.org and must include a cover letter, CV and current references.
Cyber criminals are taking advantage of COVID-19. Be extra cautious about who you give your information to.
* Never give your bank or credit card details or date of birth when applying for a job.
* Check if the job is genuine by researching the employer and contacting them before applying.
* Watch Don't get scammed by a fake job ad for more tips to protect yourself.
* If something doesn't seem right, Report this Job.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: