Court Support Services Aod Case Manager, Melbourne Magistrates' Court
Court Services Victoria
This VPS 3 role based in Melbourne provides case management support utilising a client-centred and problem-solving approach to people on bail with a range of complex needs who are participating in the CISP program to engage with their rehabilitation and achieve positive behavioural change. The position will be based at Melbourne Magistrates’ Court.
The Magistrates' Court of Victoria (MCV) is a jurisdiction within the Court Services Victoria statutory authority and has a long history of providing justice for the people of Victoria in metropolitan and regional courts across the state.
The Court determines in excess of 300,000 cases per annum at 51 venues, equating to approximately 90 per cent of all cases that come before Victorian courts each year. The Court aims to be an innovative, accessible and responsive court that provides quality services to the Victorian community.
About The Role
Case managers are integral members of the program team, delivering high quality case management to clients with complex needs who are involved with the court system. Working within the court environment, you will provide our clients with support to address the issues that are contributing to their offending behaviour and to shape positive behavioural change.
- Tertiary qualification (minimum Diploma level higlhy regarded) relevant to case management practice with forensic clients; such as social work, psychology, welfare, drug and alcohol or relevant experience.
- Extensive experience in the assessment and case management of clients with complex AOD needs.
- Extensive knowledge of treatment and support options for clients with complex AOD needs.
- Demonstrated capacity to provide a culturally responsive and inclusive service to clients.
- Demonstrated client engagement and management skills, including motivational interviewing techniques.
- Excellent case formulation and written communication skills.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: