Associate/associate Adviser (12 Month Contract)
Apply nowJob no:611323
Work type:Fixed term - full time
Categories:Graduate Opportunity, Financial Adviser, Financial Adviser Support & Management
Working for AMP
Working for AMP means being part of a company that values diverse thinking, encourages collaboration and promotes innovation. It’s an environment that offers challenging and exciting work as well as opportunities for professional growth. We’re flexible enough to allow you to make the most of your life, both professionally and personally.
We are looking for those that have the courage and agility to navigate changing and complex environments so that we can deliver the best solutions for our customers. We value people with integrity, an innate willingness to help others and an eagerness to perform to the best of their abilities.
AMP has recently created a single wealth management business, AMP Australia (AMPA), to lead the development of our advice led wealth management strategy. AMPA is structured around two core businesses, AMPA Client Relationships (a business to client model) and AMPA Business Partnerships (a business to business model)
About AMP Advice
AMP Advice has redesigned the advice process to help clients articulate and prioritise their goals putting them back in control of their future. Combining digital interaction with personalised expert help, the AMP Goals 360 experience helps our customers to explore, plan, track and most importantly realise their goals.
About the roles
Working closely with the Advisers in your practice, you will assist with research, development of strategies, portfolio selection and client interaction for clients of AMP Advice. You will have the opportunity to sit in on client appointments with your Adviser and support them in the day to day advice responsibilities, thereby assisting AMP Advice to meet our client obligations in a timely and professional manner, enabling us to build an outstanding reputation in the market place
Client Service:Delivering an exceptional level of service to clients, being pro-active in meeting their requests and using your initiative to follow up things on their behalf. Ultimately ensuring that clients get the best service we can offer through:
- Providing detailed and accurate research and calculations for clients
- Developing strategies for clients that meet both the client needs and goals
- Liaising with Paraplanning on the completion of Statements of Advice
- Producing Records of Advice where required
- Maintaining a high level of compliance to ASIC guidelines as outlined within the Professional Standards Manual
- Developing and maintaining a knowledge of platforms, products and services
- Ensuring appropriate and timely follow-up with clients
- Taking ownership of tasks and following through to completion
- When required preparing advice correspondence, file notes and reports on behalf of Advisers
- Maintaining the XPlan database, ensure all works in progress and all written or verbal correspondence with clients is diligently recorded in the database.
- Proactively supporting team peers.
Career and skill development:Leverage the Advisers to develop suitable skills that will prepare you to become an Adviser through.
- Sitting in on appointments to understand the client engagement process and building relationship skills
- Maintaining CPD points as specified by the Professional Standards Team (where already on the FAR)
- Working with other teams across the business to build appropriate skills that benefit clients
- Attending professional development/training sessions to keep abreast of changes in legislation and the broader economic environment
Challenges & problem solving:
- To ensure that all deadlines are met. This requires an awareness of deadlines and a sense of urgency to ensure the delivery of work. It also requires total accuracy and attention to detail, sometimes under stressful time constraints.
- To generate work in accordance with the business’s standards.
- To provide input and feedback to assist the team to continually improve current processes/systems in order to increase the quality and timing of our services.
- To develop an understanding of investment products and client needs to accurately complete documentation.
- To maintain product awareness on an ongoing basis.
Capabilities & Experience
- FASEA approved degree completed or in progress mandatory www.fasea.gov.au
- 3 years experience in financial services
- Previous experience in a relationship management or support role highly desirable
Wellbeing & Benefits
As a company that values wellbeing, we offer a range of great benefits to support you financially, professionally and personally. These include access to a wide range of flexible working options including the ability to purchase extra leave, retail discounts, onsite wellbeing centre including a gym (Sydney Office), Employee Assistance Program, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion and diversity
AMP welcomes people with all kinds of life and work experiences. Our individual differences and collective strength make for great employee, customer and business outcomes. What unique insights could you bring to the AMP team?
Competitive base + 12% super + employee benefits
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: