SOUTHERN CROSS PERSONNEL
Agricultural Consultant Pay $70,200 + Superannuation
Our client, a Mildura based agriculture consultancy family business, is looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated agricultural consultant.
You will be responsible enhancing the cultivation techniques, the productivity of plants and animals of our farms.
This will include
- Studying environmental factors affecting commercial crops, pasture and animal breeding
- Studying the effects of cultivation techniques, soils, insects, animal and crop production
- Preparing technical papers and reports describing the outcome of research
- Using remote sensing applications to give the soil moisture data and help in determining the quantity of moisture in the soil and hence the type of crop that can be grown in the soil
- Monitoring the health of individual crops in the field by using GIS
- Studying crop rotation effects on soil fertility and plant nutrition to maximize productivity and hence achieve sustainable soil management
- Advising on improving the production of crops and livestock
- Supervising and coordinating the work of technical officers and other workers
Essential criteria for this position
- Proven working experience as an Agricultural Consultant
- Knowledge of cultivation techniques
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data
- Bachelor degree in the field of agriculture
In return you will be rewarded with excellent starting salary of $70,200 per annum + superannuation.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: