Trainee Scaffolder - Certificate Iii In Scaffolding
Trade Academy Western Australia (RTO#52719) is a registered training organisation that also assists local business to find suitable candidates for apprenticeship and traineeship positions.
We are looking for candidates that wish to secure a scaffolding traineeship to become part of a new generation of highly skilled scaffolders. Our consultation with the scaffolding industry has indicated that there is a need for broader training and learning experiences than what is currently being provided. They feel that a combination of employment and structured training via the traineeship model is far superior than current stand alone micro training strategies.
If you think scaffolding could be an employment pathway for you, please forward your resume and cover letter to Trade Academy Western Australia. Be sure to address the below essential criteria.
You will be employed under a full-time 12-18 month training contract to learn the skills and knowledge required to become a competent commercial and industrial scaffolder. You will learn all aspects of commercial and industrial scaffolding whilst working towards an accredited Certificate III in Scaffolding inclusive of 4 essential high risk work licenses.
Some of them being:
- Occupational health and safety practices
- Hazard identification
- Site preperation
- Preparation of scaffolding tools, equipment and components for transportation
- Knowledge of types of scaffold and scaffold equipment, associated with basic and intermediate scaffolding
- Erecting and dismantling restricted height scaffolding
- Erecting and dismantling modular and frame scaffolding
- Erect and dismantle stair and ladder access
- Erecting and dismantling scaffolding over 4 meters using Layher and tube and fit scaffold components
- Prevention of falls from heights
- Exposure to modern industry technologies
- Assisting with and applying housekeeping practices
- Earn a wage whilst you learn skills and knowledge
- Training for 13 unit of competencies inclusive of 4 high risk work licenses such as basic and intermediate scaffolding licences
- Receive quality training and assessment in a modern environment
- Training fees and charges paid by your employer (no student loans required to learn)
- Mentoring throughout your traineeship
- Ongoing employment on completion of traineeship
- Ability to apply your skills nationally and internationally once qualified
- Wage progression
- Excellent work life balance
- Working outdoors
- Metropolitan work locations (SOR) with possible future FIFO if desired
All applicants MUST be able to demonstrate they have ALL of the following attributes:
- The Western Australian Certificate of Education (WACE)
- Drivers license and transport
- Construction Induction white card
- Two personal/professional references
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent Work ethic
- Good levels of physical fitness
- Ability to take instruction and constructive criticism
- Smart appearance
- Able to commit to a 12-18 month training contract to earn as you learn
- Have good language, literacy and numeracy levels
Trade Academy Western Australia will only consider the highest quality of candidates for a scaffolding traineeship role. If a traineeship is your last resort to gaining employment, please do not apply. A scaffolding traineeship is for the committed. It is physically hard work, however hard work brings high rewards!
Send your resume and a cover letter addressing the above essential criteria and explain why you should be considered for the privilege of becoming a highly skilled scaffolder.
Note: We are not the employer offering employment. We are a registered training organisation working on behalf of industry to source candidates for traineeship roles via the Jobs and Skills WA initiative. The employer has a commitment to gender diversity within the workplace and strongly encourages female candidates to apply.
Job Types: Full-time, Apprenticeship
- High School (Year 12) (Preferred)
- Perth WA (Preferred)
- construction white card (Required)
- drivers licence with transport (Required)
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: