With over 130 years’ experience, Toll Group, proudly part of Japan Post, operates an extensive global logistics network across 1,200 locations in more than 50 countries. Our 40,000 employees provide a diverse range of transport and logistics solutions covering road, air, sea and rail to help our customers’ best meet their global supply chain needs.
We are looking for a Contract Supervisor to join our Liquids division based in Rockingham. This position is one week on, one week off rotating between AM and PM shifts.
The purpose of the Contract Supervisor is to effectively manage and organise the transport of customer’s products to depots, terminals and retail outlets. The position exists to ensure that the product is despatched in a timely and cost-effective manner in accordance with road safety legislation and customer contractual requirements. This position undertakes an important customer service role through daily operational liaison with customers.
You will be responsible for:
- Planning and coordinating activities of an operational work team or shift to achieve results and targets expected on a daily basis
- Compiling loads to ensure most efficient use of drivers and equipment (maximise revenue per load and minimise costs)
- Organising vehicles to cover all orders and requests
- Calculating accurate and quantitative data in relation to minimum operating levels and managing schedule accordingly
- Manage customer relations
- Ensuring all legislative requirements are met
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- Must have previous experience as a Contract Supervisor
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment advantageous
- Experience working with dangerous goods
- Fuels experience is advantageous
- Strong customer service focus
- High level of organisational skills
- The ability to analyse information and make appropriate decisions quickly
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Be a great team player with the ability to influence in a positive manner
- Skills in; Excel, Word and Outlook and experience using in-house Fleet /Freight databases
- Strong geographical knowledge of Perth
Why work at Toll Group? We’re committed to providing a safe, diverse, satisfying and fulfilling workplace for all of our people. We value integrity, trust, teamwork and being open and transparent. We believe that people perform best when they are empowered, accountable and recognised and we’re passionately committed to supporting our people in their career aspirations.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: