Nursery Hand / Horticulturist
Waldecks Garden Centre Bentley requires a Horticulturist to join our team.
Job Description - Horticulturist / Nursery Hand
Your main jobs will be customer service and plant maintenance.
This role is casual with guaranteed minimum hours.
Possibility of on-going part-time to full-time work if you fit the role well.
The job includes:
- Heavy-lifting (bag products, large pots, plants, etc.)
- Fast-paced manual labour (Putting stock away, moving and displaying plants, etc.)
- Customer Service (Assisting customers with enquiries, sales and lifting.)
- Plant spraying/treatments
- Pest/disease ID
- Receivals and invoice processing,
- Point of Sale computer software use.
- A minimum requirement of Certificate 3 in Horticulture - Candidates will not be considered if they do not fit this criteria.
- Excellent horticultural/plant knowledge - You should be comfortable with your knowledge about plants and how to care for them properly. You should also be comfortable with researching and finding information online to help customers and improve your knowledge.
- Previous nursery/garden centre/retail experience - advantageous but not required
- Ability to work alone and in a team environment.
- Available 7 days a week and own reliable transport.
- Police Clearance
- Physically fit, capable of heavy lifting.
- Forklift ticket - advantageous but not required
- First Aid certificate - advantageous but not required
- Immediate start - Must be able to "hit the ground running", site training included.
Please send your CV/Resume along with a short cover letter explaining your suitability to the role (maximum 3 paragraphs.)
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
- Certificate I - IV (Required)
- Car (Preferred)
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: