Out Of School Care Assistant (Ed Support Level 1-range 1)
Please refer the Newlands Primary School website - newlandsps.edu.vic.gov.au
SC1 Capacity to undertake routine support tasks across a range of functions in one or more work areas within a school environment.
SC2 Demonstrated capacity to communicate effectively with members of the school community including students and the capacity to provide support and/or attendant care to students where necessary.
SC3 Demonstrated proficiency in the use of office systems, software or technical equipment as relevant to the position.
SC4 Capacity to work cooperatively with a range of people including teachers, education support, students and parents.
SC5 A commitment to professional learning and growth.
Hours of Duty are:
Tuesday & Thursday 7.30 -9.00 am
Monday to Friday 3.00 - 6.00pm
Undertakes routine tasks that are usually carried out under close supervision and direction. Work that carries some degree of independence will generally involve a limited number of tasks performed on a regular basis where priorities are clear, procedures are well established and direction is readily available.
Work has little scope for deviation. Problems can usually be solved by reference to well documented procedures and instructions and clearly established practices. Deviation from established procedures will require reference to others for guidance and direction. Assistance is readily available when problems arise. An experienced employee at range 1 will exercise limited judgement within clearly defined guidelines and well established practices that relate specifically to the tasks performed.
Does not carry responsibility for the work of others. More experienced employees will provide basic guidance and advice to others relating to tasks within the work area.
An education support class position supports the educational services being provided to students, but must not include duties of teaching as defined in clause 2.6.1 of the Education and Training Reform Act 2006 (Vic) or its successor. Supervision of students cannot be required except where it is an integral part of the employee's position or involves supervision of students individually or in small groups, in controlled circumstances, where the responsibility for students remains clearly with a teacher.
- Assist students on an individual or group basis in specific OOSHC learning activities
- Assist with the communication between students and teachers, particularly the interpretation of instructions.
- Provide basic physical and emotional care for students.
- Participate in team meetings.
- Assist with toileting, meals, lifting, and administration of medication to students requiring special care where necessary.
- Assist with the supervision of pupils in playgrounds.
- Assist in the preparation of student resources and equipment.
- Set up and put away equipment and materials in support of the OOSHC program.
- Observe students and draw the attention of the OOSHC co-ordinator where necessary.
- Participate in the monitoring and evaluation of programs and evaluation of individual student involvement and achievement.
- Assist students with the preparation and service of meals.
- Ensure work areas and materials, equipment and appliances are maintained in a clean and ready to use condition.
- Assist in the preparation of equipment and purchasing of materials and supplies as required.
Minimum Qualification - Certificate 1V Early Child Education & Childcare. Other requirements: Driver's licence, First aid level 2 & Safe food handling.
The Department values diversity and is committed to workforce diversity and equal opportunity in schools and all education workplaces. The Department recognises that the provision of family friendly, supportive, safe and harassment free workplaces is essential to high performance and promotes flexible work, diversity and safety across all schools and Department workplaces.
Victorian government schools are child safe environments. Our schools actively promote the safety and wellbeing of all students, and all school staff are committed to protecting students from abuse or harm in the school environment, in accordance with their legal obligations including child safe standards. All schools have a Child Safety Code of Conduct consistent with the Department’s exemplar available at http://www.education.vic.gov.au/about/programs/health/protect/Pages/childsafestandards.aspx
The Department’s employees commit to upholding DET’s Values: Responsiveness, Integrity, Impartiality, Accountability, Respect, Leadership and Human Rights. DET’s Values complement each school’s own values and underpin the behaviours the community expects of Victorian public sector employees, including those who work in Victorian Government Schools. Information on the DET values is available at http://www.education.vic.gov.au/hrweb/workm/Pages/Public-Sector-Values.aspx
We ask that all applicants address the following requirements:
- Cover letter & Application are uploaded to ROL as one document.
- No paper application will be accepted by hand or through the mail
- All selection criteria must be addressed
- All referee contact names and contact numbers are included with the application
- All staff employed by the Department and schools have access to a broad range of employment conditions and working arrangements.
- Appointment of successful applicants will be made subject to a satisfactory pre-employment conditions check.
- A probationary period may apply during the first year of employment and induction and support programs provided.
- Detailed information on all terms and conditions of employment is available on the Department's Human Resources website at http://www.education.vic.gov.au/hrweb/Pages/default.aspx
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: